One In A Million (OIAM) is a charitable company limited by guarantee, incorporated on 26th September 2007 and registered as a charity on 4th February 2008. As a Bradford based charity, we have served the region for over 10 years.
One In A Million is devised into three structural legal entities: OIAM (Sports), OIAM (Enterprises) Limited and OIAM Free School.
- OIAM (Sports) is a charitable company limited by guarantee. It is governed by the Board of Trustees who are responsible for setting the vision, strategy and policy; autonomy for operational implementation is delegated to the Leadership Team.
- OIAM (Enterprises) Limited is a wholly subsidiary company limited share of OIAM (Sports). The Leadership Team is responsible for implementation and governance of all operational aspects of Enterprises.
- OIAM Free School is grant funded by the Department For Education and Education Funding Agency, and annual accounts and financial statements are reported independently from (Sports) and (Enterprise) Limited. The Academy Trust are the sponsors of the school and delegate governance duties to the Board of Governors.
All three entities exist to support the charitable aims and objectives of extending the life chances of Bradford’s children and young people through the Hub and Spoke model.
One In A Million Exists:
- To advance education particularly but not so as to limit the generality of the foregoing the education and training of children and young people in the areas of Sport (football, cricket, rugby, athletics), the Arts (dance, drama, media, music) and Enterprise by such means as the Trustees may consider appropriate and with the object of improving the health, wellbeing and future opportunities of such young people in Bradford, West Yorkshire and in other parts of the United Kingdom or the World as the Trustees may from time to time see fit.
- To provide facilities for recreation and other leisure time occupation in the interests of social welfare for persons who have need by reason of their youth, poverty or social and economic circumstances with the object of improving their conditions of life and learn to make a positive contribution to their community in Bradford aforesaid and in such other parts of the United Kingdom or the World as the trustees may from time to time think fit and to fulfill such other purposes which are exclusively charitable according to the law of England and Wales and are connected with the charitable work of the charity.
One In A Million’s charitable objectives are implemented through five main departments: Community Programmes, Corporate Events and Sponsorship, OIAM Free School, Positive Lifestyle and Bradford Youth Offending Team.