One In A Million is passionate about improving the life chances, health and wellbeing, confidence and self-esteem of children and young people delivering sports, arts and enterprise themed programmes through our Hub and Spoke model also known as our ‘wheel of hope’.
The Hub and Spoke model links the One In A Million Free School (hub) with our existing range of community activities and programmes (spokes) to deliver both formal and informal education. This ensures that our innovative education projects reach as many children and young people as possible in and out of school throughout the Bradford community.
One In A Million’s charitable objectives are implemented through five main departments: Community, Corporate Events and Sponsorship, OIAM Free School, Positive Lifestyle Centre and Youth Offending Team.
- Community – provides over 35 sports, arts and enterprise themed activities which are delivered through our engagement, enrichment and enhancement curriculum programmes.
- Corporate Events and Sponsorship – is our fundraising department. Their work is split into two areas; restricted and unrestricted funding and includes a programme of events and activities to engage individuals and businesses to support our work.
- OIAM Free School – is a secondary school established as an academy. Our curriculum is broad and balanced with a strong emphasis on sports, the arts and enterprise.
- Positive Lifestyle Centre – is a ‘prevention educational programme’ focused on creating responsible citizens. Delivery is initially aimed at primary schools providing an out of school experience.
- Youth Offending Team – in partnership with Bradford & District Youth Offending Team, we work with young people involved within the criminal justice system.