One In A Million as a whole organisation are enterprising – it’s evident in everything we do.
- Our Enterprise offer is currently quite broad with ‘engagement’ and ‘enhancement’ programmes being delivered in and out school through activities such as: ebay Club, Dragon’s Den, First Aid Level 1 & 2, Textiles and Printmaking Club, Bikeability providing Cycling Proficiency, Beauty Therapy workshops, Sign Language, Junior Sports Leader Award, Lord Mayor’s Award and Cook Stars (an OCN accredited course).
- Some of our coaches are now qualified in delivering Level 1 & 2 ‘Award in Sports Leadership’ & Level 2 ‘Award in Community Sports Leadership’. We are excited to be now delivering these certified courses to both children and young people in and out of school from the community hub’s.
- Within the last year 30 children and young people successfully achieved qualifications in the Junior Sports Leader Award and a further 10 went onto complete Level 1 in Sports Leadership UK.
- During this period, 44 children and young people completed the Bradford ‘Lord Mayor’s Award’.
- Over 30 children and young people have completed the ‘Hour of Code’ which is a one-hour introduction to computer science, designed to demystify “code”, to show that anybody can learn the basics, and to broaden participation in the field of computer science. The course runs for 7 weeks and includes a trip the Apple Store, Leeds.
- Our Positive Lifestyle Centre successfully delivers a prevention educational programme focused on creating responsible citizens initially aimed at primary school children, with further plans for delivery at each of our 5 hubs. For more on this visit our Positive Lifestyle page.
- Within our secondary school we have successfully embedded the ‘7 Habits Of The Leader In Me’ programme taken from Steven Covey’s ‘7 Habits of Highly Success People’. We are planning to embed this into our 5 community hubs in the future.