Re: Coronavirus update – school closed to most students
Following on from my last update, I’m now writing to let you know that we have been instructed to close the school to almost all children from Friday, 20th March 2020, until further notice.
As advised by the government, we will do all we can to stay open for the children of key workers and children with certain needs. In line with the Secretary for Education’s statement over the weekend, please do not send your child to school from Monday 23rd March onwards unless your work is critical to the COVID-19 response and we have agreed that your child is eligible to attend. Your child will not be allowed to stay at school, they will be sent home, if this agreement is not in place.
If your child is attending school, we will open for students between the hours of 8.00am and 2.30pm and they should wear their PE kit. Do not send children earlier than this time as they will not be allowed on site. Students will be expected to leave promptly at 2.30pm.
As always, your child’s education and well-being remain of paramount importance to the school. As such, we will be continuing to support you and your children in the following ways:
- You will receive daily phone calls from a designated member of staff to check on wellbeing and resolve any issues students are having with school work. Please note that they will ring from a withheld number for GDPR purposes.
- Work will be set and marked regularly through Google Classroom. Your child has been provided with the pass codes for these platforms, for each subject area, and their subject teachers will mark the work submitted and supply feedback to them.
- For students who do not have WIFI access, resources, including work books have been supplied or are available from school reception. Please telephone before you come into school so that these can be ready for you.
- Students who receive free school meals will receive a weekly food pack containing items to ensure their meal provision is continued.
Instructions for Google Classroom are being circulated and will also be available on the school website. (Click here). If you or your child has any queries please alert the member of staff during your daily check in as they should be able to assist.
If you want to get in touch to share any concerns, please do not hesitate to do so via email@example.com
And remember: if you or your child feels ill and you want to know what to do next, please use NHS 111 online.
Other helpful contact numbers are:
- Childline – 0800 1111
- Samaritans – 116 123
- Help for Children – 0800 169 1601
- Early Help – 01274 432121
- NSPCC – 0808 800 5000
- Barnardos – 01274 513300
Please ensure that your child is safe on and offline whilst they are not attending school, the link below is aimed at parents and students and will answer some questions and provide guidance and advice.
Owing to the ever-changing picture, things may alter as we move forward. We appreciate your continued patience and support during these unprecedented times.
We will continue to keep in touch with any updates as the situation develops.