As our name suggests we believe that every student is unique and valued.
It is our passion to ensure that our students are at the heart of all that we do. We constantly challenge ourselves to ensure that this sentiment is not just rhetoric, but is true all the time. We are driven by our 4 core values:
- Compassion: Love that results in action; keeping our students at the heart of all we do.
- Honesty: Being and working honestly.
- Integrity: Doing the right thing, all the time, even if no one is watching you.
- Excellence: Doing the best, always, and helping those around you to be excellent.
Because we want our students to be prepared for adult life we are committed to helping them to get the best possible academic outcomes. Equally we know that our students need to have a strong character if they are to be resilient and adaptable. Character doesn’t happen by chance. We believe this is learned and occurs through a consistent and methodical approach that underlines all that we do at One In A Million Free School.
As a values centred organisation, we also expect our members, governors, staff and students to model:
- Respect for individual autonomy.
- Treat people with fairness and respect.
- Non-judgmental, anti-discriminatory practice.
- Championing and promoting social justice and equality.
- Commitment to self-empowerment – enabling individuals to take control over their own lives and to be the originators and catalysts of their own personal development and progression strategies.
- Support individuals to discover and fulfil their own potential.
- Holistic, person-centred practice.
- Provision of responsive services at the point of need.