As our name suggests we believe that every student is unique and valued.
All staff and volunteers within the One In A Million family nurture and develop a deep sense of self-worth, confidence and ambition in all our students. We acknowledge and promote them as being ‘one in a million’.
It is our passion to ensure that our students are at the heart of all that we do. We constantly challenge ourselves to ensure that this sentiment is not just rhetoric, but is true all the time. Our core values of compassion, honesty, integrity and excellence are our DNA and inform the behaviours of all staff and volunteers.
- Compassion: Love that results in action; keeping our students at the heart of all we do.
- Honesty: Being and working with sheer honesty.
- Integrity: Doing the right thing, all the time, even if no one is watching you.
- Excellence: Doing the best, always, and helping those around you to be excellent.
Because we want our students to be prepared for adult life we are committed to helping them to get the best possible academic outcomes. Equally we know that our students need to have a strong character if they are to be resilient and adaptable. Character doesn’t happen by chance. We believe this is learned and occurs through a consistent and methodical approach that underlines all that we do at One In A Million Free School.
As a values centred organisation, we also expect our members, governors, staff and students to model the British values:
- The rule of law.
- Individual liberty.
- Mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith.