One In A Million Free School: Provider Access Statement
This policy statement sets out the school’s arrangements for managing the access of providers to students at the school for the purpose of giving them information about the provider’s education or training offer. This complies with the school’s legal obligations under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997.
All students in years 8 – 11 are entitled:
- To find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeships opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point.
- To hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships – through options events, assemblies and group discussion and taster events;
- To understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses.
Management of Provider Access Requests Procedure:
A provider wishing to request access should contact:
Mrs Gogliormella, Director of Progress and Assessment Telephone: 01274 723439
Opportunities for Access:
A number of events, integrated into the school’s careers programme, will offer providers an opportunity to come in school to speak to students and/or their parents/carers.
The school has an established assembly programme which can accommodate a wide range of visiting speakers including colleges, technical qualification providers, apprentices, employers and entrepreneurs.
If you wish to speak to a full year group, an assembly can be booked in. It should be noted that assemblies are booked up quickly for the year so contact will need to be made in June preceding the following academic year.
The school also has partnerships and has arranged speakers or visits with the following organisations:
- Ahead Partnership
- University of Bradford
- Bradford College
- Bradford NEW College
- Leeds College of Building
- Bradford Apprenticeship HUB
- Interserve Learning and Employment • Leeds City Enterprise Region
This list is not exhaustive and One In A Million Free School is making links, arranging visits, visitors, partnerships all the time in our desire to improve the aspirations and life chances (and options) of our students.
To identify the most suitable opportunity for you, please speak to our Careers Leader:
Mrs Gogliormella, Director of Progress and Assessment.
Telephone: 01274 723439
Premises and Facilities:
The school will make the theatre, classroom or private meeting rooms available for discussions between the provider and students, as appropriate to the activity. The school will also make AV and other specialist equipment (where available) to support provider presentations. This will all be discussed and agreed in advance of the visit with the Careers Leader or a member of their team. Providers are welcome to leave a copy of their prospectus or other relevant course literature at the Careers Resource Centre, which is managed by the Careers Leader.