Being able to cook a nutrition meal as an adult is an essential life skill. One In A Million Free School is committed to supporting students in gaining these necessary culinary skills so that when they leave us they are equipped to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
We see the benefits to being able to cook as:
- Empowering people to live healthy lifestyles – understanding the value of nutrition and health
- Equipping students to cook well within their financial mean
- Empowering student to understand and use a range of cooking techniques
- Appreciate the need for health and hygiene
- Preparing some students for work within the catering industry
All students in Year 7, 8 and 9 have the opportunity to follow this course and develop their culinary skills.
In Year 10 and 11, students who are passionate about this subject can continue their studies by selecting the subject as one of their GCSE options.