KEY STAGE 3
In year 7 students will study:
- The key concepts in History and know clearly how to use them.
- The motivation for and the success of The Norman Conquest.
- The success of the Tudor Monarchs and the key features of life in Tudor England.
- How The Civil War changed the power of the Monarchs during the reign of The Stuarts.
In year 8 students will learn how to:
- Accurately describe why some developments were more significant than others.
- How to select, organise and deploy the relevant facts about industrialisation to produce structured work, making appropriate use of terms and dates.
- Students will study how Britain gained an Empire and which colonies belonged to the Empire and whether these countries gained their independence.
- Students will study the Slave Trade and why Britain abolished Slavery.
In year 9 students will study:
- The long and short term Causes of WW1.
- They will study the main Events of WW1 analysing why so many soldiers were killed.
- Students will study The Treaty of Versailles and how this led to the Rise of Hitler & The Nazi Party, as a direct cause of WW2.
- Students will study the chronology of key events of WW2 and select the most significant.
- Students will study why The Holocaust took place and why it wasn’t prevented.
KEY STAGE 4
Students studying the AQA syllabus will focus on four units:
- America 1840-1890. Expansion and Consolidation. Students study the impact of the settlement of the American West and the conflict between the whites and the Native Americans. This will include studying the social and economic impacts of The American Civil War.
- Britain Health and the People. This includes studying medical developments over time, including using evidence to determine when progress was made and why.
- Conflict and Tension. The inter-war years. Students will study why the end of WW1 and the Peace Treaties led to increased conflict and the outbreak of war in 1939.
- Norman England 1066-1100, this is a Depth Study. Students will study how the Normans conquered and ruled Britain.
|What Parents/Carers can do to help:
Your child has been given a Knowledge Organiser for each topic they study. This summarises the key information they must know if they are to be successful in this subject. Please encourage them to learn this off by heart and revise topics regularly.