As we are trying to prepare our young people for the world of work, it is important that students arrive at school, as they would in employment, with the correct equipment and ready to work hard, learn and develop a pro-active approach.
The equipment your child needs to bring with them:
|Clear Water Bottle||1 Pencil||Glue Stick|
|1 Eraser||Headphones (small in-ear type)||Apron for Food Tech|
|2 Pens (either black or blue)||Pencil Sharpener||Padlock|
|1 Pen (red)||1 Ruler||Clear Pencil Case|
|Scientific Calculator||Casio fx-83GT or Casio fx-85||Hair Ties (if hair past shoulder length)|
For September, One In A Million Free School have invested in a personalised Planner. Each child will be given one free of charge. The Planners are an important piece of equipment to support your child and a means of communication between home and school. You will be asked to check the Planner regularly. If your child loses their Planner they will be required to buy a replacement at a cost of £5.00.
All students are allocated a school locker to store their mobile phone etc as these are not to be kept on their person during the school day and you will need to purchase and bring in a padlock for this.
Click here to visit the school uniform page.
The compulsory PE Kit consists of:
- A black PE T-shirt/Polo shirt with the school logo
- Black shorts with the school logo OR black sports leggings with the school logo
- Black hoodie/PE training top with the school logo
- Black sport socks
- Trainers (any colour) – pumps/plimsols are not acceptable
- Optional item: Tracksuit bottoms with the school logo
One In A Million Free School has considered its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 not to discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of disability, ethnicity, gender, sex or religion or sexual orientation. Racial, cultural and religious needs accommodated within the genera; policy are given below.
- Muslim females who choose to wear a head covering are permitted to do so, but it must be plain black snood style available from the uniform supplier. The wearing of a Niqab is not allowed.
- Jewish males may wear a black kippah and Sikhs may wear a black turban.