We believe: All students can grow as long as the targets set are appropriate to the student. The two primary ingredients for growth are: hard work and resilience.
Our school mantra is: Growth: I can get better through hard work and resilience.
- I can learn something new
- I begin to improve the moment I am honest about my starting point
- I can improve
- I can get better
We reinforce this through the regular assemblies as well as through the school curriculum. For example: a student may not be very good at maths. We all agree that to be true. The student says, “I’m not very good at maths, NOW”. (I will be better at it soon).
We also support the growth of our students through a programme called ‘The Leader In Me’. This is the student friendly version of Steven Covey’s ‘The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective Leaders’.
It encourages students to, first, lead themselves and then others.
The seven habits are:
- Be proactive – you’re in charge.
- Begin with the end in mind – have a plan.
- Put first things first – work first then play.
- Think win/win – everyone can win.
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood – listen before you talk.
- Synergise – working together is better.
- Sharpen the saw – refresh and replenish balance feels best.