- Students will study the key concepts in History and know clearly how to use them
- Students will study the motivation for and the success of The Norman Conquest.
- Students will study the success of The Tudor Monarchs and the key features of life in Tudor England.
- Students will study how The Civil War changed the power of the Monarchs during the reign of The Stuarts.
- Accurately describe why some developments were more significant than others.
- Select, organise and deploy the relevant facts about industrialisation to produce structured work, making appropriate use of terms and dates.
- Students will study how Britain gained an Empire and which colonies belonged to the Empire and whether these countries gained their independence
- Students will study how Britain abolished Slavery
- Students will study the long and short term Causes of WW1.
- Students will study the main Events of WW1 and why so many young soldiers were killed.
- Students will study how the Rise of Hitler & The Nazi Party was a direct cause of WW2 and a result of The Treaty of Versailles.
- Students will study the chronology of Events of WW2 and select the most significant events.
- Students will study how The Holocaust took place and why it wasn’t prevented.
- Students will study the impact of the settlement of the American west and the conflict between the whites and the Natives.
- Students will study the social and economic impact of The American Civil War on the lives of the civilians.
- Students will study significant medical developments and identify using clear evidence of when progress was made and why.
- Students will study why the end of WW1 and the Peace Treaty led to increased conflict and tension in 1939.
- Students will complete a British Depth Study: Norman England 1066-1100.
- Students will study how the Normans ruled Britain with their particular techniques and new methods.
Key Stage 3
- Year 7 topics – Students will cover the following 3 topics: What is RE?, Holy Buildings and Judaism. With a homework project on Judaism
- Year 8 topics – Students will cover the following 3 topics: Hinduism, Peace & Conflict and Good and Evil. With homework projects on Hinduism and Peace & Conflict
- Year 9 topics – Students will cover the following 3 topics: Medical ethics, Sikhism and Equality. With homework projects on Sikhism and Equality.
GCSE – AQA Specification A
- Year 10 topics – A) Religion, Relationships and Families, B) Religion and Life, C) Existence of God and Revelation, E) Crime and Punishment. Homework bi-weekly
- Year 11 topics – In depth study of Christian beliefs, teachings and practices & In depth study of Islamic beliefs, teachings and practices. Homework bi-weekly.
Key Stage 3:
In year 7 students will study 5 units;
- what is geography?
- natural resources;
- weather and climate;
In year 8, students will study rivers, development, population, land and sea and Asia.
In year 9, students will study earthquakes and volcanoes, Africa, Ice, Middle East and climate change.